Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Grand master Edward Brown and a moment of reflection

 Ed Brown
One of my dear friends and also a Okinawan karate Instructor.
Grand Master Brown was taught the art of Shuri Ryu Karate under the late great
Grand Master Johnny Lee Jelks. He was one of Jelks most prized students, Master Jelks
told me that himself. Grand master Jelks was a very humble man, and as Brown has said
"He taught me everything i know"

This couldn't be any more true, because Brown over the past few decades has won virtually
every Karate tournament in both Men's black belt sparring and Kata divisions. He is
 truly disciplined and i am really proud to have known him most of my martial arts career.

Heads up Karateka!! Because Grand Master Ed Brown is definitely someone to behold.

- brother teacher



Here with his lovely and devoted partner Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, I love this. I am his Wife, and so very proud of his Martial Arts studies and lifestyle. May you all continue to reflect and remember your humbled beginning in order to teach and live the way you earned it and learn it...
    Many Blessings, Mrs. Lauren R. Brown

    ReplyDelete